We Got Two Great Danes?!

We went to pick up Gandalf and came home with Chewie, too!  I am what you might call obsessed when it comes to new things- I study, research, and learn all I can before I make a commitment.  I learned everything I could possibly learn about Great Danes before committing to own one.  Then I started to notice the all white dog in the litter when looking at pictures of my Gandalf and from my research realized that he was likely going to be deaf and I became concerned.  Certainly the breeder would not be able to sell a dog that was deaf or use him for breeding, so what was to happen to him?  I sent a simple inquiry after reading up on deaf Great Danes: "Do you want me to take him and see if I can train him with sign language so he can be adoptable?"  Well, my request to train and return him became a plea to keep him and that is history.  Now we have two!  What have I done?

Our first day home with our sister, Buttercup:



No comments:

Post a Comment